MLA styles precise guidelines for framing the content by using the English language. The method provides the writers with a system for reference their sources through the citation in essay. If someone asks you for making MLA format essay, then most of you may get confused whereas some of them may use it. Before using the MLA format, you have to consult with the MLA handbook which is also known as 8th edition. Did you know that the college scholars and graduate student also consult with MLA style manual and guide for publishing the scholar? The handbook is available in reference libraries, writing centers, bookstores, and MLA website. Remember some tips and guides for using MLA format.
- When you start typing the essay set, your page at 8.5 x 11-inch.
- Double space the text and use Times New Roman font or you can choose any other font which is legible.
- MLA recommends that regular and italic style contrast is enough to use and make sure that the size of the font should be 12 pt.
- Leave only one space after word and punctuation marks.
- The margin of the paper must be 1 inch from all side.
- Start the first line from the left side of the page by giving space one half-inch. The best way for providing the space is by using the tab key.
- Create the header which makes the number of the entire page consecutively in upper of right side corner.
- Use the italic thoughts which make you title longer and use only necessary words.
- If you have any other endnotes, then make another page and entitle the section note.
Formatting the first page
As you know that the first page is also known as the first impression, if it appears excellent, then everyone likes to read your essay. If it seems terrible, then no one wants to read whether your content is knowledgeable or written in a proper format. The above guidelines will help you in making the first page suitable. Remember not to generate a title is showing some request. Do not underline the title or make only necessary words capital. Write the name of the author and the date on the page which is the most critical aspect.
So, these are some guidelines of writing which help you writing the MLA format essay. Make sure that you can follow these guidelines.